Friday, October 16, 2009


August Turns
Sorry it's been so long but you know me I'd rather be skiing than type. With that thought in mind I joined two of my ski buds, John and Jack, and went to Chile to make some turns. Flew to Santiago and headed straight to Valle Nevado from the airport. No new snow for 4 weeks but made some turns anyway. It started dumping that night and woke up to 1 meter(40 inches) of new snow. Pretty cool except they don't get shit open like the states, still it beats working. For you skiers the resort is as big as Vail and all above tree line, nothing to steep. Anyway skied for a couple of days before the next blizzard another meter of snow. An avalanche closed the roads and resort so we had to stay and ski, bummer! Finally got out after a week and back to Santiago. Scary ride down!
The next day we went cat skiing, Ski Arpa, north of the city. The drive up there made the last ride seem like a walk in the part. Coming back scared the ever loving shit out of the 3 of us. It was all worth it, the skiing was out of this world!! Spent a couple of days seeing the sights in the city. Santiago is like a south american L.A. I like Buenos Aires much better. Met a lot of great people skiing, both locals and tourists like our selfs. I felt better than I have in a long time, guess the needle works. I inject HGH everyday and does it work. Who would have thought that I would like drugs on a daily basis. Yeah right! Anyway it was another great adventure.
Ciao, Craig

2 comments:

www.sylvanrocks.com said...

guess this means its to early to go climbing in Frey?

Unknown said...

Good to see that no matter how rough life gets, some people just seem to know how to live it to the fullest.

I'm stoked for you Craig and just wish I was making some of those turns with you.

Paul Harmon